Monday, April 17, 2023

Song for a Spring Morning

 


                          A C D Em G Bm B

                          pear in blossom 

                          promise of lilacs

                          music in my head and heart


When still a child 

I mourned having been born outside 

the age of miracles


But slowly the elixir of the undaunted spirit

seeped back in

it is expressed in these chords

tender as fresh new leaves

yearning into warming sunlight

tendrils reaching out to my friend


I may never sit on her porch 

suffused with the golden light

that always bathed her

hearing her sweet tea phrases birthed of small southern towns

if there are miracles in the wings

though

I will surely find my way there

we will sip whiskey

throw back our heads 

laugh until every wild bird

joins in the raucous cacophony 

major and minor within calamity

uncertainty in b flat

unbound in grace notes


#NaPoWriMo

#43things

#friendsforever

No comments:

Post a Comment