Saturday, May 14, 2022

April 15 2022

 Once I was a small child

in my house there were two big people

they went off to work 

then my own person came to be with me

Miss Carol knew to put my eggs back in the oven with a little butter

so there would be no slimy parts 


When the weather turned warm

the big people stuffed me into going out clothes

drove across the Golden Gate Bridge

red sign 25¢


At Ocean Beach I got to take off my 

shoes and socks 

find sand dollars with a perfect leaf shape on top

pile the sand into little Mt Tamalpais


I fell into yearning

at the Japanese Tea Garden

it was the small little person sized maple trees

the entire garden of contours 

I longed to climb all over them

sift through for seeds 

to grow my own small garden


All this was more delicious 

because of the intervals

space between adventures 

big people out of my spheres 

except Miss Carol 

my own person


#NaPoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment