Saturday, May 14, 2022

Bonus poem for NaPoWriMo 2022

 last day of #NaPoWriMo


On the cusp of the third house

today there is an eclipse

for a moment the light is obscured


Astrological twilight at midday

stars come out

constellations declare themselves


Outside the window of words

are paths worn smooth under the feet of our progeny 

here a patch of poison oak

there a drop down into thorny arroyo 


In the Noh play 

I watched the fierce mama lion 

but I chose the way of the wildflowers


So I gesture at the lion

while wearing a crown of oak leaves 

unable to catch my breath or run 

where are my words 

in the ruins at dusk at midday 


All that is left here

a smooth rock to rest upon

as day returns 

you watch with me 

while the constellations vanish into the light 




No comments:

Post a Comment