Saturday, May 14, 2022

April 28 2022

 You might have seen one or more

the indoor ponds

tall Victorian style greenhouse room

trees flowers scent of still waters

feel of luxurious times gone by


It was a resort

this room of plants and pond deserted 

probably it was one of those times tourists stayed away

as was often the case on our island 

blame it on the volcano 


This brings to mind things I will never understand

those so called bucket list wishes

to see a live volcano 

to watch lava flow 

except when it is happening 

no not that


And the matter at hand

here on this indoor lake 

a black swan 

sets sights on me from the opposite shore

takes off across the water 

straight for me

chases me right out of the room


These are the elements of desertion

my least favorite experiences 

other than actual hostility 

where I suspect it was my words

words that came out poorly 

like a cake that sticks to the pan

or a plant given water that rots its roots

you find out too late 

that you did it wrong 


#NaPoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment